Friday, March 7, 2014

Ta-Ta Texas

The past week was spent in Fort Worth, Texas with the Gamma Psi chapter of ZTA at Texas Christian University.  I have been to Texas before on my visits to UT Austin and UT El Paso, but have never been to the Dallas/Fort Worth area, unless you count a quick (and likely missed) connecting flight through DFW. Before leaving for my flight I was reminded by my friend Macy not to confuse Dallas and Ft. Worth. The reaction I would receive would be equivalent to the eye roll I probably definitely give people when they confuse Chapel Hill (my alma mater) with that awful town down the road Durham. I quickly realized how awful of a mix up this would be and always made sure never to confuse the two.

One of the coolest parts about my job is that I have the ability to step out of my comfort zone and try new things all the time. I had never been skeet shooting before so when they told me that's what we were doing I was pretty pumped. For many of y'all that know me personally, it's known that I don't have the best coordination so the thought of me holding a gun is probably terrifying. And judging by my skeet shooting success it probably should remain a terrifying thought. I hit a grand total of ZERO clay pigeons but I did manage not to shoot my own foot (or anything/anyone else for that matter) so I considered the day a success. This was also the only warm day in Texas so let's bump that up to a RESOUNDING success.

As I previously stated, UNC is my alma mater (get ready Dook we're comin' in hot this weekend ready for another W). One night when I went to dinner it was clearly no coincidence that the UNC/Notre Dame game was on the TV smack dab in front of me. I more than likely extremely embarrassed my dinner-mate through my, shall we say, "intense" interest in this game. But hey, once a Tarheel, always a Tarheel.

National Pancake Day and my birthday were on the same day this year. Coincidence? I think not. Naturally I ate my body weight in pancakes and bacon to start off my birthday right. We were lucky enough to score an extra plate of bacon due to the waiter thinking "extra crispy bacon" meant "an extra plate of crispy bacon." No complaints here.

To say they spoiled me would be an understatement. Not only did they take me to a Mexican dinner (currently salivating at the thought of chips & queso at 10am) but they showered me with Kendra Scott, PR t-shirts, and some sweet stickers. Basically, I could pretty much be considered a TCU Zeta now.

And lastly here's one for you, Abbey Baxter. Fun fact about me is that I am beyond petrified of frogs. But for this one (and maybe only) time I'll do it for you A-Bax. GO FROGS.

Now it's off to catch my flight to the great state of Colorado for one last visit before my spring break (again, yes, my job is really cool and I get a whole week of break). Ta-ta Texas!

2 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS