Monday, March 24, 2014

Sweet Caroline

I am so sorry for neglecting the blog the past few days but I just had to "unplug" from the internet for the weekend and enjoy my last "Spring Break" probably ever with a weekend in Chapel Hill. Here's a recap:

The first order of business was to celebrate this lil' biddie getting into Veterinary School at the UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA. This chick is going Ivy League, y'all. I first met Morgan when she was a cute little freshman and she wandered up to the ZTA table at Greek Promo Day. I then proceeded to dirty rush the heck out of her (not even ashamed of this) and made sure this girl went Zeta. We ended up living together (with her ridiculously cute siberian husky, Basil) my senior year of college and I couldn't ask for a better friend. I'm sorry for making fun of you for all those nights you chose to stay in and study but clearly it all paid off!

Of course no trip to Chapel Hill would be complete without a trip to Carolina Brewery to watch the Heels play some basketball. In true Carolina fashion, they nearly gave me a heart attack before pulling out a W to take us to the next round of the NCAA Tournament (we won't even talk about the loss last night, it still hurts too much). 

On Saturday we got up bright and early to participate in ZTA's 25th Annual Franklin 5K. The sun was shining and weather was phenomenal given that it's been freezing/snowing/icing in North Carolina. This 5K has meant a lot to me over my college years and I'm so grateful to have such awesome friends who support me and my sorority in our hopes that one day we will be able to find a cure. In past years this 5K has raised over $40,000 for Susan G. Komen, ZTA Foundation, The UNC Lineberger Cancer Center, The Arc of Orange County, and Ashton's Angels and I am so excited to see how much money they were able to raise this year!


My next visit is the Eta Tau chapter at UNC-Charlotte so I made the quick drive down on Sunday morning. It's great to be back at work for the home stretch and even better to be starting this last leg of the journey in the greatest state there is, Sweet Caroline.

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS