Monday, March 10, 2014

Motivational Monday

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

I should have renamed yesterday's blog post to "Sunday Kind of Funk" because I tell y'all what, daylight savings had me feeling some type of funky. I really cherish my sleep and that lost hour really kicked me in the butt. However, for those of you who read last Wednesday's blog post, you know that I set a few goals for myself when I turned 23 and I fully intended to stick to them regardless. I had a few hours in my afternoon free from meetings and the weather spiked up to around 70 degrees so one of the girls suggested we take a hike. Even though it took everything in me not to crawl back in bed and hibernate with my Netflix account, I opted to brave the great outdoors, and it was a decision I will never look back on and regret.


While I may have maybe definitely eaten chips & queso for lunch, and certainly didn't take my makeup off Saturday night (but did, in fact, not cake any more on Sunday morning), I allowed the mountains to block my cell service for a few hours and let myself enjoy the beauty that is Colorado. Taking these few hours to really embrace my surroundings was just the motivation I needed to start my week off right. This Monday morning I'm up and ready to take on my last week of work before a well deserved break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS